Webex Cloud-Connected Unified Communication (CCUC)
The bridge to the cloud
The connectivity, flexibility, and adaptability of cloud services are major enablers of workplace transformation. For businesses that need a global, single-pane-of-glass view of systems operations, but still want to keep their Cisco® Unified Communications Manager (UCM) calling infrastructure on-premises, Cisco Webex® Cloud-Connected UC provides the best of both worlds.
Webex Cloud-Connected UC offers a centralized, global administrative view of your Cisco unified communications applications deployment. Webex Control Hub dashboards enable you to review, assess, and manage the operation of your on-premise calling system.
Analytics, troubleshooting, adoption and administration in a “single-pane-of-glass”
Cloud-Connected UC breathes life into your investment in Call Manager with visibility and management through Webex Control Hub. Initial features include:
- Quality-of-service analytics, for service improvements
- Endpoint and headset usage adoption, for usage trends
- Performance and capacity utilization, for planning
- Asset utilization recommendations, for optimization
- Support for visualization, with dynamic drill-down data filtering
- Historical analytics dashboards
How does it work?
Webex Cloud-Connected UC is a Cisco cloud subscription service that provides a centralized, administrative single-pane view of the entire Cisco unified communications deployment. It is Included for free with the Cisco Collaboration Flex Plan Enterprise Agreement and Named User.
The service is enabled through a cloud plugin connecting on-premises Cisco UC apps and servers to the Webex cloud, with dashboard access through the Cisco Webex Control Hub.
Getting Started with Cloud-Connected UC
Setting up Webex Cloud-Connected UC is quick and painless. The NetGuys engineering team can have your on-premise calling infrastructure delivering performance data in no time. The key steps in the setup process that we’ll perform are:
- Setting up the license
- Preparing connections through your firewall (Port opening, URL whitelisting, proxy set-up, etc.)
- Installing software agent on designated nodes
- Enabling the connection from nodes to Webex Control Hub
- Testing and verifying the connections
- Customizing your dashboard to deliver the data you need quickly and easily
Cisco has drafted a blog post that goes into great detail on the how-tos and capabilities of the new Cisco Webex Cloud-Connected UC.
Start your journey to the cloud today
Contact the NetGuys to schedule a demo and learn more about how Cisco Webex Cloud-Connected UC can help you get the most from your on-premise calling infrastructure.